by clicking the arrows at the side of the page, or by using the toolbar.
by clicking anywhere on the page.
by dragging the page around when zoomed in.
by clicking anywhere on the page when zoomed in.
web sites or send emails by clicking on hyperlinks.
Email this page to a friend
Search this issue
Index - jump to page or section
Archive - view past issues
FLEXO Magazine : January 2012
to Preston Bryant, vice president of manufacturing. Among those upgrades, the company has purchased two 10-color, 59” Fischer & Krecke gearless presses and one 35-in. Fischer & Kreche gearless press with Smart GPS (Graphic Position- ing System) technology. The Smart GPS allows the press to automatically set impression and registration, which decreas- es costs by significantly reducing the amount of film waste, machine time and labor. “PPI has embraced the latest in printing technology and made these investments to become one of the best equipped flexo converters in North America,” Bryant explains. Not only is the company tech-savvy, but it is also green— winning the 8th Annual Flexographic Technical Association Environmental Excellence Award for the company ’s biode- gradable program in 2008. Plastic Packaging also received Sustainable Green Printer (SGP; an independent, non-profit organization certifying sustainability in the graphic commu- nication industry which recognizes continuous improvement in the green movement within the actual printing process) Certification in 2011 for both its Hickory and Forest City plants. PPI is committed to researching and offering new solu- tions for the printing process. As an innovator in the field, they work with suppliers to evaluate new films such as bio- degradable, renewable, compostable and recyclable films. They are also evaluating Nano technologies to replace older PVDC coated films. Minimization is another key to the green profile. Whenever viable, PPI uses “down-gauged” or thinner films that do not limit the quality of a product. PPI sends only 5 percent of its total waste to a land fill while the remaining 95 percent is processed through a recycling Loading Laminator # 2 - Performing a quality check Nghia Tang - measuring to ensure print is in proper specifications Bobst Group North America, Inc. 146 Harrison Avenue, Roseland, NJ 07068 -1294 Tel: 888-226-8800 It would take a LOT to justify a new press these days. Consider it done. Small footprint. Minimal operating envelope. The 15-S is ideal for modern plants where space is at a premium and efficiency is a primary concern. It's unique face-to-face design enables both the unwind & rewind to be accessed and monitored from one central position. The highly efficient web path also minimizes the height requirement. Exceptional performance and features for a remarkable price. Every aspect of the 15-Series is state-of-the-art, except the price. From operator and maintenance accessibility, to speed and wide range of substrates, to premium F&K performance and quality — all at a highly competitive price. Today’s business environment requires solid reasons to move ahead. Examine the advances incorporated into today's Fischer & Krecke 15-Series flexo press and you'll have all the justifi- cation you’ll ever need. The Fischer & Krecke 15-Series Flexo Press Off-press set-up for minimal waste. Our revolutionary smartGPSTM, Graphic Positioning System, establishes registration and press settings before each flexo sleeve is mounted on the press. This eliminates the ‘trial and error’ fine-tuning of each color thereby eliminating over 90% of all of the materials wasted during typical job changes. Fastest changeovers in the industry. In addition to material waste, smartGPS also eliminates wasted time. When the sleeves are already set, press time is used to run jobs, not lengthy set-ups. Nobody else can do this because nobody else has anything like smartGPS. Bobst-F&K-15-S Ad_Layout 1 2/16/11 4:24 PM Page 1 18 FLEXO jaNuary 2012 www.flexography.org